Minsk National Airoport
Minsk National Airoport
Visa-free entry to Belarus for foreigners
One of the fastest and most convenient options for visiting Belarus without a visa is to fly to Minsk National Airport. This opportunity is provided to citizens from 74 states, while the length of stay in the country cannot exceed 30 days. Movement in Belarus is free and this is a great opportunity to relax in a sanatorium, visit national parks or go on excursions.
LIST OF 74 COUNTRIES
2. The Republic of Austria.
3. The Republic of Albania.
4. The Principality of Andorra.
5. Antigua and Barbuda.
7. Kingdom of Bahrain.
8. Kingdom of Belgium.
9. The Republic of Bulgaria.
10. Bosnia and Herzegovina.
11. The Republic of Vanuatu.
12. The Vatican City State.
13. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
15. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
16. The Republic of Haiti.
17. The Republic of The Gambia.
18. Federal Republic of Germany.
19. The Greek Republic.
20. Kingdom of Denmark.
21. The Commonwealth of Dominica.
22. The Republic of India.
23. The Republic of Indonesia.
25. The Republic of Iceland.
26. Kingdom of Spain.
27. Italian Republic.
29. Republic of Cyprus.
30. The Republic of Korea.
31. State of Kuwait.
32. Republic of Latvia *.
33. Lebanon Republic.
34. Republic of Lithuania.
35. Principality of Liechtenstein.
36. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
37. Republic of Northern Macedonia.
39. The Republic of Malta.
40. Mexican United States.
41. Federated States of Micronesia.
42. Principality of Monaco.
43. The Republic of Namibia.
44. Kingdom of the Netherlands.
45. Republic of Nicaragua.
46. New Zealand.
47. Kingdom of Norway.
48. The Sultanate of Oman.
49. The Republic of Panama.
50. The Republic of Peru.
51. Republic of Poland.
52. Portuguese Republic.
54. Independent State of Samoa.
55. Republic of San Marino.
56. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
57. Republic of Seychelles.
58. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
59. Republic of Singapore.
60. Slovak Republic.
61. Republic of Slovenia.
62. United States of America.
63. Eastern Republic of Uruguay.
64. The Republic of Finland.
65. The French Republic.
66. Republic of Croatia.
67. Czech Republic.
68. Republic of Chile.
69. Swiss Confederation.
70. Kingdom of Sweden.
71. The Republic of El Salvador.
72. Republic of Estonia **.
* Including persons having the status of non-citizen of the Republic of Latvia.
** Including stateless persons permanently residing in the Republic of Estonia.
How to calculate the length of stay?
Entry and exit for a visa-free regime in Belarus is strictly regulated. If you violate the permissible length of stay, difficulties will arise during border crossing and penalties. To calculate the duration of a visa-free stay you need to remember two conditions:
- 30 days of visa-free travel in Belarus are calculated in whole calendar days;
- the first day is the date of arrival, the last is the date of departure.
If you stay in the country for more than 5 days, foreign citizens must register with the local internal affairs bodies. If they live in hotels, resorts, etc., registration is automatically carried out by the administration upon check-in.
What documents do you need to have?
For visa-free entry to Belarus, a foreign citizen must have the following list of documents:
- a valid passport or a document equivalent to it in legal force allowing travel abroad;
- the minimum amount of money at the rate of 2 basic units (approximately $25) for each day of stay or 50 basic units (equivalent to $600) if a citizen plans to stay in the country for a full 30 days;
- valid insurance policy in Belarus in the amount of at least €10.000.
Special conditions for visa-free travel to Minsk and other cities
For citizens of certain countries, a valid multiple entry visa of the EU or Schengen states is a prerequisite. The document must contain a note of entry for this visa. In addition, citizens should have on hand air tickets with a departure within a 30-day visa-free from Minsk National Airport. These states include:
Please note that flights to and from Russian airports are domestic and are not subject to customs control. Therefore, the conditions for visa-free travel in Belarus do not apply to persons traveling in this direction.