Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Ostrov
Ostrovsky Church was built by Marshal (a position in the Sejm of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania), Slonim county, Goroburda, when it was built is unknown (archival information: Goroburda is a statesman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in 1586, the land on which the church was built belonged to him). The church building is stone-brick, in 1862-1863 – repaired at the expense of the government. In 1879 and 1887, the church was overhauled for church sums and parishioners. In 1896, a brick porch was attached to the church with a tin roof. A bell tower on 4 wooden pillars, in which 3 bells are placed. In 1888, a fence was built around the church of cobblestone, at the expense of parishioners. There was a wooden gatehouse at the church. In the town of Novaya Golynka there was a church priest's house and 58 tithes of land. It is not yet known in what year the bell tower was rebuilt, but a stone-brick one was made of wood. There were parish schools in the villages: Ostrovo, Ugryn, Dubrovka, Baruki, Pinskovichi. The nearest churches are Lukonitskaya, Derechinskaya and Porechskaya. Unfortunately, there is no information from the beginning of the 20th century until the closure of the church in 1961. During the closure of the church by the state authorities since 1962, the church was used as a grain warehouse, and then fertilizers, as a result of which it was brought to a deplorable state, no one repaired it at that time. In 1990, fundraising for the opening of the church began, and in 1993, Metropolitan Filaret of Minsk and Slutsk consecrated it and church services are still being performed in it.