St. George's Church in Kremyanitsa
The village of Kremyanitsa has been known since the XV century. In 1617, the nobleman Nikolai Volsky, the owner of the lands, invited Lateran canons from Krakow to Kremyanitsa and built a church for them in the village. St. George's Church is a monument of Renaissance architecture. At the end of the 18th century, a narthex in the classical style was added. The temple is a one-nave rectangular building with a stepped pediment. The interior features a sculptural marble tombstone of Nikolai Volsky and his wife Barbara, a carved altar of the first half of the 17th century, icons of the mid-18th and early 19th centuries. Together with the church, a monastery was built. Volsky introduced the rule that every peasant who did not come to the service on a Sunday or a holiday had to give his ox for the benefit of the church. The son of Nicholas built a hospital for the poor and a library at the church, where there were more than a thousand rare books. The monastery was closed after the uprising of 1831, but the church is still working. The church has survived during numerous wars, the church even preserved tombstones on the graves of Nikolai Volsky and his wife Barbara, who were buried here. On the tombstones, Barbara is depicted in monastic robes, and Nicholas is in knight's armor.