According to legend, the first settlements of the city appeared on the shores of Lake Myadel. There were found the remains of the city fortification of the 11th century - the fortress of Polotsk principality. The inhabitants moved to the shores of Lake Myastro after epidemics of cholera and plague, but the name remained the same. It is said about Myadel as a strong prince's castle in 1324, when Gedemin, Grand Duke of Lithuania, wrote a message to the Riga Rada.
Initially, Myadel was divided into, one might say, 2 separate cities - Old and New Myadel, and each of them lived its own life. The difference was in management. One was owned by the magnates, the second was the property of the kingdom itself, and the "local elders" were "hosted" there. They were personally appointed by the monarch.
It was the territory of the province of Vilna, the property of such tycoons as Grabkovsky, Raysky and Frantskevich in the middle of the 15th century (known since 1454). The city also belonged to the owners of a huge number of Belarusian lands, palaces in Warsaw and Berlin - the famous, influential and wealthy Lithuanian princely family – the Radziwills.
Old Myadel became a small town in 1736 and it was given the right to self-government in 1762. At the end of the 19th century, 312 people lived there, 46 households were registered, the parish of the Orthodox Church was opened, the Synagogue was opened, and the work of the brewing plant was set up.
The first news about that part of the modern district center appeared in 1463. According to them, it is known that the city's borders were protected by a rampart, which was subsequently completely destroyed. New Myadel was a part of the royal possessions in the 16th century. Lev Sapega, the most famous Chancellor of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, had been starosta since 1590. It was in the status of a town with 783 inhabitants by the end of the 19th century. There also were almost a hundred households, 3 shops were established, a fair was held and several religions coexisted - the Orthodox Church, the Jewish Synagogue and the Catholic Church. By the way, after receiving the Magdeburg rights, fairs were held there four times a year.
Both parts of the present Myadel are the territory of the Vileyka uyezd of the Russian Empire after the second section of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth of 1783.
Its image is on the coat of arms of the city. The castle grew on the bank of the river Myadel in the 15th century and lasted to 18th. Experts compare it to the Kamenets Tower. The defense of the castle included 2 swivel-guns, 2 serpentines, and a lot of firearms in the 16th century. The castle was destroyed by the Northern War (1700-1721).
Both parts of Myadel began to "roam" from the state to the state at the beginning of the 20th century. They gradually merged into one city.
The Soviet power came there in November 17th, the Revolutionary Committee and the Council of Soldiers 'and Laborers' Deputies was created in 1918. The city was the territory of Poland from the 21st to the 38th year. It became a part of the newly formed Belorussian SSR in 1939, it became a district center a year later.
During the years of the German occupation (the city had been occupied by the fascists for 3 years), none of Myadel Jews survived, all of them perished in the ghetto. There were 5 ghettos on the territory of Myadel district. A separate program was developed for the extermination of the Jewish population, and it did not always end up directly in murder. People often died a natural death from disease, cold and hunger. For example, the daily ration of the workers was reduced - it consisted only of 75 g. of flour and 100 g. of bread.
Myadel - a resort region of Belarus
Myadel is 143 km from Minsk, on the Minsk-Naroch road. The district center with a population of more than 6,800 people is situated between lakes Miastro and Batorino. Today it is the center of the resort zone "Naroch".
- Minsk - Begoml - Parafianovo - Sittsy - Porplische - Glubokoe - Prozoroki - Sakhnovichi - Luchai - Postavy - Myadel - Minsk
- Without meals
- Number of hours 14