The village is located in Strelichi Village Council’s Municipal Entity of Khoiniki district in Gomel region. Today it is a home to around 100 people.
You can find Rudakov village on the road Khoiniki to Bragin at 115 kilometers distance from Gomel. The village consists of only 2 streets, which were built up under the classical scheme: the houses are placed on both sides of the street road.
The first mention of Rudakov appeared in the 18th century, there were more than 40 residential yards. In the days of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania it was one of the villages of the Rechitsa Poviate of the Minsk Region. The fate of the village was predictable after the second division of Rzeczpospolita (the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth). It passes under the control of the Russian Empire. In 1844, the village was in the possession of a nobleman Oskerko. By the end of the 18th century they taught to read and write at schools and they opened a distillery in the territory of homestead.
Rudakov is in the 20th century
In 1926, for 60 years it headed Rudakov village council of Khoiniki district. The state farm, 2 forges and the workshop of wheelwright started to work in the village a few years later. A primary school and a department of consumer cooperation were opened, too. At this time in Rudakov the number of households grows up to 87 and the number of people grows up to 480 people. Local machine-tractor station serves nearly the half of the collective farms of the district.
During the war of 1941-1945 109 soldiers did not return from the front in Rudakov, more than 10 people were killed by German troops, which occupied the village. However, the village was restored quickly, and by the 60th almost 9.5 hundred people lived there.
The village was growing and "built up". At that time an agricultural vocational-technical school of mechanization of reclamation work was opened. Children studied in eight-year school. A club and a library worked for the villagers. The population was served by a rural health post, a post office, 3 shops, shoe and clothing workshops.
Rudakov farmstead, as well as the village itself, was first mentioned in the archives in the 18th century. Initially it belonged to Vishnevetskiy family and later it was in the possession of the famous Oskerko family. Alexander Oskerko was the organizer of the edition of Belarusian ABC-book for children in Warsaw. He participated in the Kalinowski uprising (1863-1864), for which he was convicted for 15 years and sent to prison. In 1884 the estate was handed over to Stanislav Vankovich. This family owned Rudakov until the 1917 revolution.
8 years before the revolution the estate was left without a host. A palace made of red unplastered brick was built here. Tadeush Rostvarovskiy designed the building in the style of neo-baroque with some classical features. Originally the building was one-storied, after the war of the 41st the second floor was built, too. According to the architects, the facades of the side buildings are interesting. They are decorated with semicircular arches and triangular pediments. There were only three buildings at the palace. An orchard was growing on the site, it had a dug lake with a small island in the centre, which you could rich by boat.
Vankovichi Palace, as well as the economic yard, came in the ruins of the state to the present day. There is a park with two ponds in poor condition. Only a few exotic plants have survived: a barbed blue spruce, a group of oaks and maples, as well as weeping ash.
The last owner of the estate, Stanislaw Kostka-Vankovich, left drainage canals, alcohol, brick and dairy factories in the village. He paved roads there.