This village can be found in 11 kilometers from the district center and 53 km from the regional center. You will probably get here by road Loev-Rechytsa. There are quite a bit Streets in Sutkovo, a building can be easily called a standard for the countryside - wooden houses built on both sides of the streets, tightly adhering to each other.
History of Sutkovo, known to us today, begins in the 18th century. The current settlement, were even under the village status, was considered to be the territory of the Rechytsa powiat of the Minsk Voivodship of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania at that time. With the second partition of Poland, which took place in 1793, the territory of the powiat in Sutkovoy became a part of it under the control of the Chernigov region of the Russian Empire.
Population and household of Sutkovo
In the late 90-ies of the 19th century, 406 people lived in the village. It is known that it was occupied by the existing hospital, distillery and a starch plant at the same time. But two centuries ago, the number of inhabitants of Sutkovo didn’ t reach even up to seven dozen. In the 30s of the 20th century, there was carried out a collective farm, which included a forge, factory for the production of a starch and a steam mill.
There is almost no news about the fate of village Sutkovo at the time of the Great Patriotic War. It was attached to the "Dnieper" sovkhoz in 1959. Loev forestry was arranged there, a pharmacy and two shops were opened for the residents. In 2010, it became a part of the Starodub village council, which includes 19 settlements.
The palace and park ensemble "Sutkovo"
The park and estate complex , which is also called "Sutkovo", is divided between agro-town Peredelka and Sutkovo village. One part of its territory and buildings is in Peredelka, the second - in Sutkovo. Construction of the estate and the palace took place by the order of Count Yuditsky in this land in the early 19th century. On the site, there was an outbuilding, brovar and later - another two annexes; a picturesque park was built area of 4.8 hectares. The Yuditsky estate went to Julia - his daughter. Count Rudievsky owned the estate after her, architecture of it is made in the classical tradition. In 1870, the Baranovsky family bought from his son, Henry Rudievsky, the palace with the estate, they were the owners of the estate before leaving Canada after the Revolution of '17.
The old park was recognized as a botanical natural monument of local importance in the late nineties of the last century. The manor has preserved till nowadays. Sutkovskaya high school is here now.
Since 2011, a recreation center Sutkovo area of 20 hectares has been opened not far from village Sutkovo, in the nearby village Peredelka. The Dnieper flows just at a hundred meters from the tourist complex.