There is a village with an interesting name of Ryasna on the road from Kamenets to Visokae. It is believed that it comes from the word of «Ryasno» meaning «beautiful, generous». Indeed, it is interesting not only by its name, but also it’s rich with several monuments, different well-preserved original appearance.
Historical overview. The owners of the village Ryasna and their contribution to the development of the national architectural heritage of Belarus.
The first mention of Ryasna village was found in the Statute of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in 1466. The record says that the estate was bought by the nobleman Boyarsky from Trechevich. Then Ignatius Nikitich owned the village, and the estate passed from one noble family to another after him: from Hrebtovich to Juodko, the Pyatkevich family, the Hlevitsky family, the Vojn family. Paul Jan Sapieha , the future hetman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, acquired the estate in 1647. There was a residence built of wood, and a park settled in the village thanks to the Sapieha family. There was also launched the beginning of the traditional fair famous all over Grand Duchy of Lithuania, timed to the day of St. Elias. At the fairs, the most popular goods were horses, which fetch from the territory of Ukraine and Moldova. The growing demand led to the fact that the Jews had settled in Ryasna and Visokij and had brought their traditions to Belarus. They built a synagogue, opened shops and strongly contributed to the welfare of Kamenetz district.
The territories, subordinated to Sapieha, had flourished for a long time. However, economic growth came to an end during the Great Northern War, when the territories of Ryasna and Visokaje had suffered during the war. In 1722, Ryasna was sold at the expense of debt to Jozef Matushevich, only Visokaje remained in possession of the Sapieha Family. Jozef Matushevich, a deeply religious man, invited Italian Maria monks to Belarus, and they began the construction of St. Anne’s Church . The construction was completed only by the following land owners – the Grabovsky family. Once finished, it became the burial place of the Grabovsky family, and was used as a warehouse in Soviet times.
The son of Joseph Matushevich Martin, being a latitudinarian and tolerant, built the Uniate church on the territory of the village Ryasna. After the abolition of the Union in 1839, it was converted to the Orthodox Church of the Holy Archangel Michael. Unfortunately, the local atheist authorities decided on the destruction of the wooden church, so the two-century building had not been preserved. In its place the Orthodox church of bricks was laid only in 1991.
The Grabovsky family, who became the new owner of Ryasna, erected a luxurious stone mansion on its territory. Unfortunately, it has not preserved till our times. However, fragments of two large outbuildings of the XIX century - the barn and brewery, were preserved well. They are built of beautiful stone and brick, decorated with red and black gravel and are excellent architectural monuments in a Neo-classic style.