Transit through Belarus
Transit of foreign citizens through the territory of the Republic of Belarus should not take more than two days from the date of their entry to the Republic of Belarus, except involuntary stop.
Documents for transit passage through the territory of Belarus:
- passport for traveling abroad;
- transit visa of the Republic of Belarus (except when a transit visa is not required);
- health insurance contract (except for persons not subject to compulsory insurance);
- document allowing to return to the state of citizenship or residence (if passport is lost in the territory of Belarus);
- the driver of a motor vehicle should have an insurance certificate effective in the territory of Belarus and confirming public liability insurance in the member-state of the Green Card System;
- it is necessary to have money to cover the expenses of your transit passage (at least 5 base values per each day of transit pass).
- natural disasters, accidents and other natural and man-caused emergencies preventing movement of the vehicle;
- the vehicle is damaged and needs repairing;
- illness or a health condition, if in accordance with the medical opinion issued by a health institution of Belarus, further traveling of the foreign citizens and/or the accompanying person may be harmful to their life and health;
- unforeseen delays upon switching from one type of transport to another at the point of transfer;
- occurrence of other unforeseen circumstances preventing further traveling of the foreign citizen.
Transit passage (transit) of foreign citizens through the territory of the Republic of Belarus without transit visas is possible:
- when foreign citizens have other visas of the Republic of Belarus granting them the right to cross the State border of the Republic of Belarus;
- if foreign citizens are air travelers making a direct flight through the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- when flying to the country of destination using international airlines with a stop-over at the airport of the Republic of Belarus, provided that the passengers have documents granting entry to the country of destination and air tickets with the confirmation of the date of departure from the transfer airport, if the period of stay in the territory of Belarus does not exceed 24 hours. In this case, the passengers are not allowed to leave the designated area of the airport;
- for citizens of the states with which Belarus has relevant agreements on visa-free traveling;
- when the President of the Republic of Belarus resolves on visa-free transit passage (transit) through the territory of Belarus;
- Ukraine (during 30 days from the entry date).