The National Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve "Nesvizh"
The museum-town Nesvizh and its sights.
Although Nesvizh is younger than some tourist gems of Belarus, it is still one of the most visited towns included in many tourist routes. This is not surprising: since the XV century, which is considered to be the time of its foundation, he held a leading position as a center of the state-of-the-art of those times (the serfs of Nesvizh one of the first to receive their freedom), culture, handicraft trade, and education. As early as in 1562 first printing house was established there, where the great humanists of the XVI century Simon Budny and Vasily Tyapinsky published their works in the Belarusian language. Besides, in Nesvizh the Belarusian theatrical art emerged: the first permanent theater called "Comedies" appeared there. Being an amateur theater at first, it soon reached a professional level and became a court theatre.
The history of Nesvizh.
Nesvizh is one of the first towns that gained the Magdeburg law. It is surprising that at the time when most buildings were made of cheaper and less durable wood, this town fr om the XVI century was built up with stone structures. The residents of the town Nesvizh and many tourists that every year come on an excursion to this beautiful town can admire them with their almost untouched appearance.
Nesvizh can be called without exaggeration a museum town, an outdoor museum. Probably nowhere else in Belarus you can find the same concentration of architectural monuments in one place. The Nesvizh Castle and the castle in Mir, which occupies an honorary place in the List of UNESCO World Heritage, is worth much! However, besides it Nesvizh has much to surprise even the most experienced traveler.
The architectural heritage and the sights of Nesvizh.
The National Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve "Nesvizh" includes several important not only for the ton but for the whole Belarus architectural and cultural sites. The heritage kept in ancient Belarusian town is truly unique and rich. Among the objects that have survived and accessible for tourists, it is important to mention:
- The widely known not only in Belarus but also far beyond palace and park ensemble dating back to the XVI century;
- the tower of the Nesvizh castle;
- the house of a craftsman of the eighteenth century;
- the park "Alba" and objects found in it (the XVII-XVIII century);
- the wayside inn built in the XIX century;
- the former collegium with the adjacent territory wh ere there are barracks constructed in the XIX century;
- the building of the town hall and former merchants’ rows dating back to the XVI-XVIII centuries;
- the famous "Slutsk Brahma" dating back to the XVI-XVIII centuries;
- the Jesuit monastery and the cathedral church (the complex appeared in the territory of Nesvizh in the XVI-XIX centuries);
- several chapels of Bulgarin;
- the buildings of the monastery Benedictine, the occurrence of which dated back to XVI-XVIII centuries;
- the courtyard of a priest of the XVII century;
- the building of the monastery of Bernardians.
Thus, only the above-mentioned list shows how diverse and rich the architectural heritage of Nesvizh is. It's safe to say that one day is not enough to explore this glorious town.
With that end in view VETLIVA suggests you to familiarise with the program of bus excursion rounds lasting many days across Belarus. Having reserved one of such excursions, you can devote to a city to a museum some days and in details get acquainted with all sights of Nesvizha:
- «ALBARUTHENIA: Несвиж - the World, 2 days» with a lodging for the night in the castle;
- «White Russia: Minsk - Castles (Nesvizh), 4 days»;
- And also New Year's excursion rounds thanks to which you can meet New 2018 within the precincts of the Nesvizhsky lock - «2.1 New year in Minsk and the Nesvizhsky lock, 4 days».
In the National Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve "Nesvizh" the fruitful research work and exhibition activity is held. All the employees’ efforts aim at preserving the rich heritage for future generations.
- Minsk - Sula - Rubezhevychi - Zalesye - Smorgon - Hervety - Naroch - Nanosy - Nesvizh - Mir
- Hotel Belarus
- Days: 7