Multi-functional cultural and sport complex "Minsk-Arena"
Sports and ski centers
"Minsk-Arena" is one of the main decorations of Minsk. This cultural and sport complex is one of the most high-tech multi-functional sport facilities in Europe.
MKSK "Minsk-Arena" construction was initiated by the Presidential Decree of 2006. This object construction works were very hard - every day about 2,000 people were employed at the sites.
"Minsk-Arena" project’s author is a creative team of architects V. Kutsko, B. Budaev, A. Nitievskiy, A. Shabalin. They were awarded the State Prize for its implementation.
The structure of the sports complex Minsk-Arena
The architectural style of the buildings system is high-tech. The list of plants that form "Minsk-Arena":
- Ice Arena sport and cultural structure; the main area is the heart of the complex. Figures tell that the hockey box meets the European standards. Its area is 60x30 m, it includes: 4 spectators’ stands with separate entrances, 42 VIP seats, 2 governmental and 1 presidential lodge. The lightest roof for its size can support 120-ton loading, the pressure monitoring in its construction is implemented with a complex system of sensors. The stands can accommodate 15,000 guests;
- Skating stadium sport facility is the first of its kind in Belarus roofed facility with a 400-meter ice track, two ice hockey rinks. Ice cover temperature is regulated. The stands capacity is 3,000 people.
- Velodrome sport facility.
- Each of these components is integrally applied in various fields. For example, Ice Arena can serve as a concert venue, and there are fields and playgrounds for badminton, tennis, mini-football in the cycle track centre.
- Convenient parking (one of the is many-tier);
- Locker rooms for athletes, wardrobe for the audience (there are 54 dressing rooms, that is spectators and fans can leave the complex in 40 minutes after events);
- Many cafes and eateries;
- A modern security system functions.
- Diverse usage of the complex features
The diversified use of the facilities of the Minsk-Arena complex
The ice of "Minsk-Arena" is the home area of the hockey club "Dynamo" (Minsk). Teams of many neighboring countries come to train on the ice rinks, tracks, and courts.
Sport battles are held here at the highest level. 2014 was marked with the matches of the World Hockey Championship in the life of the Sports Complex.
Sometimes the "Minsk-Arena" venues are provided for landmark events and shows. Elton John, Sting, Joe Cocker, Jose Carreras, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, Depeche Mode and other top stars of show business performances – all of it is not a complete list of the great concerts, held during the existence of the complex.
The sport complex is a very friendly place, not only for VIP. Sport clubs, massage parlors and SPA, which anyone can visit, function here. Tours are conducted along all of the premises.
MKSK "Minsk-Arena" is so great that a precedent is known, when it "played the role" of Montreal “Forum” in the "The Legend №17" on the topic of hockey. The level of activities being carried out in the sport complex is so high, that it is mentioned so often in sport and cultural events of European level, inscribing itself in history, that one day, its role will be played. Its interiors, atmosphere reigning in it will be tenderly played by descendants in a historical film scenario about our time. For the "Minsk-Arena" is a symbol of the era.
Book one of the sightseeing tours:
- Minsk sightseeing tour Minsk - is the capital of the Republic of Belarus,
- Minsk Sightseeing Tour,
- Minsk Sightseeing Tour + Concert in the Town Hall и др.