Memorial Complex “Dzerzhinovo”
Sculpture, monuments, memorials
In the Minsk region, in Naliboki Forest with its beautiful fragrant virgin typical northern forests, there was a manor of Ozhemblovskiy. And it was called respectively - Ozhemblovo. Later the estate heiress married a landless Polish nobleman Dzerzhinsky. Their eldest son Edmund inherited a patrimony, and the estate was renamed to Dzerzhinovo.
Edmund, created the family, became known as the father of Felix Dzerzhinsky, a professional revolutionary, comrade of V.I. Lenin, a prominent statesman and party figure, one of those who established the Soviet regime, contributed to the strengthening of the socialist state, created its security forces that nowadays are called the special services.
Felix Dzerzhinsky is known for its extraordinary personality, and he is still considered to be an inflexible knight-fighter, a role model for officers of internal troops, Ministry of Internal Affairs, state security and intelligence service.
His father was a teacher; his mother was a housewife, who raised 8 children. They belonged to the gentry, the land of their estate they rented. Residential and household buildings were not preserved; they were burned by the invaders during the punitive operation "German", which occurred in 1943.
The preservation of historical heritage, related to "Iron Felix", began in 1957, when the Historical and Memorial Museum in the city of Dzerzhinsk Ivenets was built. In 1963, adjoining to the farm land was declared a natural monument that was fixed by law. And after a short period of time (in 1972) in Dzerzhinovo the branch of Ivenets museum - the memorial complex was opened.
Even before this the connection between the former manor and Dzerzhinsky was marked - by stones. Forty eight boulders symbolized the number of years Dzerzhinsky lived. He died before the age of 49 years, and was buried in Moscow. Not an easy life, hardships and tension could not but affect the health and promote the early passing away. Even now boulders lie on the territory of the restored manor.
The farmstead was restored according to preserved photographs. This two-storey building, the first floor of which exhibits the real things of Dzerzhinsky family members, inscribed in the interior of the late 19th - early 20th centuries: books from their library, pieces of furnishing, family photos.
The second floor is a continuation of the exhibition of personal belongings of Dzerzhinsky (for instance, a photo of his son Jasiek, inserted into an iron frame), items from his cabinet, books and his death mask. The central archives of the Russian Federation donated to the museum 48 photographs and 31 copies of historical documents - evidence of his life and work.
The works of art figures dedicated to the fervent evolutionary are also exhibited there. His personality was very popular. He was sung in poems and songs, about his rigidity legends were told, his name was carried by cities, schools, ships, military units, it inspired creative people.
On the square in front of the house there is a bust of Dzerzhinsky, performed by architect S. Vakara and sculptor Y. Kazakov.
The way of thinking, interpretation of history is constantly changing, but the memory of Dzerzhinsky is alive. Here in the museum, a graduation of young officers takes place, the graduates of the Police Academy take the oath and personal weapons are handed to KGB agents.
In 2007, the Homestead Museum "Dzerzhinovo" was awarded the diploma of the FSB of Russia in the category of "Visual art".