Borisov State United Museum
Borisov State Museum opens its doors for those who want to plunge into the history of the town of Borisov and all Belarusian lands in general. Due to its large-scale expositions you will go back a few centuries ago.
Opening and work of the Borisov Museum in Belarus
The museum was founded in 1948. Initially, it included only one exposition dedicated to the War of 1812. So, you can see not only traditional bullets (buckshot, rifle), shells, elements of weapons and so on, but also quite specific and unique exhibit items that you won’t see anywhere else.
Gradually, evaluating the numerous exhibit items fr om different eras, which were stored in a special place, it was decided to expand the exposition. Today there are about 48 thousand exhibit items.
Since Borisov State Museum was expanded, its branch was opened in the village of Zembin, which is known as the Museum of National Glory. There are many unique and interesting items.
In the museum, there is a library where you can get acquainted with the works of great people and achievements of different periods. There is an art gallery of mosaic works made by talented Nadia Khodasevich Leger.
Exposition of the Borisov State Museum
The cultural and religious life of Borisov and surrounding areas can be traced by moving from one room to another, wh ere you can find the most entertaining exhibit items (about 2 thousand).
- It is better to start with the ancient period, "The oldest settlements in the area." Here you will find items and tools made of iron, bronze, glass, bone, wood, and other materials of those times. All of them are handmade. The high level of craft caused the development of the town and strengthened trade relations with neighboring towns and even countries.
- In addition to the war with Napoleon in 1812 mentioned above, in the museum, there are exhibits devoted to the Great Patriotic War. It is interesting to know that the Nazi intelligence agent school "Saturn" was located on the territory of Borisov. In the collection of the Borisov State Museum, you will see personal belongings of guerrillas and resistance fighters, their photographs, awards and other signs of patriotism. And, of course, there are many items related to military operations.
- There is a huge collection of books of different confessions. For example, 1617 Original Bible, Siddur prayer book of 1900, Jewish “Torah”.
- In “writing monuments”, you can find not only tomes and print publications of different times but also writing utensils, preserved and restored.
- Borisov is a native town to many famous and talented artists. There are paintings of N. Ryzhy, N. Isaenko, V. Shkarubo, A. Anikeichik and many others.
What else can you see in Borisov?
Borisov is one of the oldest cities in Belarus, which pleases travelers with a number of interesting sights. Arriving here on an excursion, you will see: