Holy Ascension Church in the village of Zabychanye
The first information in written sources about the town of Zabychanye is dated 1511. The first temple in the town was built a long time ago, but has not been preserved. The subsequent one was wooden and was called the Holy Spirit, as wear and tear and small capacity of parishioners, a general meeting of the inhabitants of the town and nearby villages under the direct supervision and patronage of the local landowner Arkady Ostankevich, in 1893, it was decided to build a new standard brick church, which was embodied in life. For the construction, an architect-engineer from St. Petersburg Zinberg (a Russified German) was invited.

In 1897, a new brick temple with openwork walls on the outside, all kinds of decorative elements, semi-columns protruding from the corners of the building, tiled-forged lattices on the windows (they have survived to this day) was consecrated by the archpastor from Mogilev.

The new temple was already consecrated as the Holy Ascension Church (while the new temple was being built, divine services were performed in the old wooden church), thus, in the town of Zabychanye, such as the Ascension of the Lord and the day of the Holy Spirit were honored as patronal-temple holidays. On these holidays, until the closure of the church in the atheistic 1930s, solemn divine services were performed by the cathedral of clergy from neighboring parishes. Large fairs and festivities were held on the church square.

Father Theodosius Chumakov was appointed the first rector of the newly built church, the last priest was Priest Viktor Bartashevich, who was subsequently repressed. In the temple, worship was discontinued in May 1932. Crosses from the temple, bells were dropped and destroyed. A carved iconostasis was also broken out and burned near the walls of the temple (the icons for the iconostasis and icon cases of the temple were ordered and painted by the icon painters on Mount Athos by the landowner Ostankevich), the iconostasis itself and icon cases were made and gilded by masters from Mogilev.

For reference: in 1897, there were 2,108 parishioners of both sexes in the parish, 33 tithes of church land, 1,302 sq. sazhen. His Eminence Bishop of Mogilev and Mstislav on February 2 (in writing) gave an archpastoral blessing to the same builder of the temple, the landowner Ostankevich, for donating the Blagovest bell to the aforementioned temple weighing 50 pounds, worth 635 rubles. silver. And also a blessing to the parishioners of the temple, who donated and purchased various items of church utensils for their temple in the amount of 776 rubles (Mogilev Diocesan Vedomosti No. 6 of February 21, 1899, official part p. 42).

The temple was in a catastrophic state for a long time. From its interior, only a portable altar cross has been preserved. In 2010, at the request of the villagers, the restoration of the temple began. Windows were replaced, new doors were installed, walls were painted. In 2017, the temple in honor of the Ascension of the Lord celebrated its 120th anniversary. The last reconstruction of the Holy Ascension Church was completed in 2018. On September 23, 2018, on the 17th Sunday after Pentecost, the feast of the Nativity of the Most Holy Theotokos, a church in honor of the Ascension of the Lord was consecrated in the village of Zabychanye, Kostyukovichi District.

Today, the Holy Ascension Church is rightfully considered one of the main architectural monuments in the Kostyukovichi region. Now the Orthodox parish of the village of Zabychanye has more than 300 people. But on the day of consecration, believers from Klimovichi, Kostyukovichi and neighboring villages came to look at the old church in a new guise.

So far, services in the church are held only on holidays. But parishioners hope that soon a priest will appear in this temple.