St. Cosmo-Damian Church
The spiritual and historical relic of Glusschina is the Holy Cosmo-Damian Church in the village of Gorodok, located in a picturesque corner above the Bird, on a high hill. These places have long been favored by people, as evidenced by nearby archaeological sites - Bronze Age sites, more than 20 burial mounds.

There are many temples dedicated to the Brothers-Martyrs Cosmas and Damian in Belarus. The oldest of them is located in the village of Gorodok, Glussky district. The St. Cosmo-Damian Church was built in 1814 in honor of the victory in the Patriotic War of 1812 by the landowner Zhilinsky, a direct participant in the campaign of the Russian army in Paris. Consecrated in honor of the holy silverless and miracle–working brothers Cosmas and Damian of Asia, who lived in the III century A.D. (they successfully cured the sick, they did not take bribes, because they treated people for God's sake), the patronal feast is November 14.

The church is a monument of folk wooden architecture using stylized elements of classicism. The building consists of a rectangular main volume, a pentagonal apse, a three-tiered bell tower and a babynets. Above the main volume there is an octagonal closed dome with a height of 16 meters on a faceted light drum. The domed ceiling is crowned with the image of the Lord Almighty. Wood carvings are widely used in the interior, the main entrance is made in the form of a stylized portico.

The Holy Cosmo-Damian Temple is not only one of the oldest in the region, but also one of the three examples of the use of Byzantine architectural traditions preserved in the post-Soviet space. It is under state protection, has the status of historical and cultural value.

This is one of the oldest temples of the Mogilev region. Despite the fact that many churches in Belarus were destroyed during the anti-religious struggle and wars, the St. Cosmo-Damian Church ceased to operate for only six months over the 200 years of its existence. This happened in 1940, when they wanted to adapt the room for pottery purposes. In 1944, during the retreat, when fierce battles broke out for the strategically important bridge over the Ptich River, the temple was turned into a defensive line by the Nazis.

But the temple was not damaged even then, although traces of machine-gun bursts are clearly visible on the facade and domes today, and after the war it remained one of the few operating in the region. In the post-war years, the Holy Cosmo-Damin Church was the only functioning church on the territory of Gluschina. Despite the fact that the church is located in a small village, many believers of the Mogilev region come to services here.