In 1965, a monument was erected in honor of the first builders of Novopolotsk. It consists of two parts. The first is a symbolic image of a tent with a laconic date "1958" (the year of the city's foundation), stamped on a rectangular stone slab. Opposite is a long low stone wall with the inscription "Glory to the builders of Novopolotsk". Memorial plaques in honor of significant people in the history of the city began to appear on the wall over time. In front of the wall, three young people holding hands. Thus, the wall and the "First Tent" are combined into one memorial complex. It was from here that the city of Novopolotsk began.