What is Tax Free in Belarus?Tax Free is a system for the return of value added tax ("VAT") for purchases made to non-residents of the Eurasian Economic Union ("EAEU"), which includes: the Republic of Belarus, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Armenia, the Kyrgyz Republic. The operator of the Tax Free system in the Republic of Belarus is RUE Beltamozhservis.
In Belarus, the Tax Free system applies to all goods subject to a 20% supply, and provides a return of 12.5% of the purchase amount.
How to buy with Tax FreeThe service is available when buyer purchase goods within one day in a single shop operating under the Tax Free system for the amount of more than 80 (BYN) Belarusian rubles (approximately 40 euros).
When paying for purchases, you need to contact the store employee to issue a Check for VAT refund (hereinafter "Tax Free"). To do this, you will need a passport or another document replacing it. Check Tax Free is made by a store employee in 3 copies. The buyer receives the first copy of the Tax Free Checks (blue) and his second copy (yellow, for the customs officer), as well as a special envelope.
Where to buyTourist should pay attention to the shops with the Tax Free logo or ask the store staff if the Tax Free service is offered. More detailed information about the stores can be found in the section - Shops on the site www.tax-free.by. Here, each visitor can create their own shopping route. More than 370 shops are connected to the Tax Free system, where you can buy various goods - from jewelry, clothes, shoes and finishing with household appliances.
How to receive moneyWithin 3 months from the date of purchase, it is necessary to pass customs control in order to confirm the export of goods outside the Republic of Belarus. When passing customs control, it is necessary to present the purchased goods and issued a Check Free Tax for receipt of customs seal. Purchases must be unused, in undamaged packaging. A copy of the second copy of the Tax Free Check (yellow) remains with the customs officer.
Methods of receiving moneyTo a bank card.
The buyer enters information about the bank card, to which the amount of the VAT refund will be transferred in the first copy of the Tax Free Check (blue). The number of the bank card must consist of 16 digits, the account must not be indicated. Reimbursement is possible only for bank cards of international type Visa and MasterCard, issued for a foreign person. The buyer pays a Check Checks Tax Free in a special envelope and puts it in a special box at the customs clearance point or sends it free of charge within 6 months after the goods are exported by mail from the territory of any state. Refunds are made within 30 calendar days after the receipt of the Tax Free Check at the Beltamozhservice RUE.
The buyer receives a refund of cash in cash only at the National Airport "Minsk" at the return point located in the departure zone upon presentation of the Tax Free Check to the employee of RUE "Beltamozhservis".
How to track the status of reimbursementTrack the status of processing of the Tax Free Check by using the "Track your refund" menu on the website www.tax-free.by. To do this, you must enter the 10-digit Check Number for the return of Tax Free.
Reasons for refusal to return
- the details of the buyer's document do not correspond to the data in the Tax Free Check
- the buyer did not produce a document for traveling abroad
- Check Tax Free is not the original (First copy of blue color)
- The first copy of the Tax Free Check is not accompanied by payment documents
- the buyer resides in the country that is part of theEAEU
- the amount of VAT in the payment documents is not indicated correctly
- the amount of VAT in the payment documents is not indicated
- The amount of VAT in payment documents does not match the one specified in the Tax Free Check
- In the Check Free Tax there is no stamp of the customs office confirming the exportation
- more than 6 months passed from the date of confirmation of export by the customs officer
- the total amount for commodity items in the Tax Free Check, that passed the customs control and was not approved for export, is less than 80 (BYN) Belarusian rubles
- the total purchase amount for goods subject to VAT at a rate of 20%, in a cash receipt less than 80 (BYN) Belarusian rubles.