Soligorsk - one of the youngest Belarusian cities and most major regional centers of the country. In the early years of the city the average age of its inhabitants was no more than 26 years.
In the middle of the last century, potash deposit was found in the Minsk region. It was decided to establish a working village in this area.
Soligorsk is a little more than half a century, since 1958. A stone was laid as a symbol of the birth of a new settlement – Novo-Starobinsk near the village Chizhevichi on 10 August of this year, who already was officially called Soligorsk in 1959. It was assumed that three neighborhoods would be inhabited by about 16 thousand people.
Construction of the camp began at the site of the village Vishnevka. Urban highway and residential areas sprang up one after another instead of six demolished villages. The first quarter was laid №23, here there were the first residents - they lived in a newly built 6 dormitories. The first 16-apartment house was built a few months later.
A clinic for 2 offices - medical and surgical, was opened in the city almost immediately. A few months later, they started the construction of a new, urban - can accommodate 500 people, and clinic of potash plants - up to 250 people. The first inpatient unit began to work for patients, but so far only 35 seats.
They had to start from scratch in education. The first elementary school recruited 4 classes on 1 September 1959. A year later, 520 pupils already went to the first Soligorsk secondary school in the workers' settlement and 120 kids were accessed to the nursery. The city's population was growing steadily, and so the new educational institutions appeared there every 2-3 years. A music school and mining-chemical college were opened in 1961.
A department store and a bread production plant were opened for residents in 1960. The first buses began to run on motorways of Soligorsk. The inhabitants of the city were able to go to the movies and watch TV at home in 1961 - a relay telecentre began to work.
In the 1962, passengers went by train on the route Salihorsk-Slutsk on the newly constructed railway line in the region.
There were more than 18 thousand inhabitants in Soligorsk at the beginning of 1963, and it was given the status of a city in May of the same year.
There was the water storage area of 2760 hectares on the Sluch river in the 1967, which had been being built over 3 years.
Main industrial area of Soligorsk
There are more than 60 companies in the regional center, but the location in the vicinity of potash deposits, we can say, has become crucial for the industrial building of Salihorsk.
JSC "Belaruskali" can be called a major city - 20 thousand employees produce more than 90% of all production in the region here. This is one of the largest in the world, the second in the CIS producer of mineral potash: more than 80% is exported around the world. More than fifty countries of the world get production of the potash producing enterprises.
Goods of the light industry of Salihorsk are also widely known in the country - enterprises "Kupalinka" and "Kalinka". In addition, several plants operate in the city.
Every year, the number of inhabitants is growing in Salihorsk. By the 2016 of this century, the figure has exceeded 106 and a half thousand people.