In the village council of The Red Star there is a small agricultural town Yanovichi. This village is one of those that were not a property of the Radziwills, but there are not at the moment. The population of the village is about 800 people. Yanovichi is 6 km from the town of Kletsk. The river Lan flows along a one side of the village. It is a rather small settlement, but how much interesting and beautiful is there. There is the following historical fact telling about the village name: in 16th century on the territory of this area there was a catholic church a priest of which was the catholic priest Jan. As historically this area has developed as the Church lands, so the modern name of the village, Yanovichi, came from this.
The attractions of Yanovichi village
Besides of beautiful views and unforgettable landscapes the village is famous for one historical and cultural value that is included in the State list of Belarus. It is an estate of the Brzozowski family. It was built at the adjunction of the 18thand 19th centuries. During the first half of the 19thcentury owners of the estate were changing: first it was the Voitsekhovskis, and then it was bought by Yelensky. During the annexation of Western Belarus to the USSR, the estate belonged to a son of Yelensky, Olgerd. So every century the estate changed its owners. In 1939 the estate had its last landowner, who appeared in prison and died after a short time. Since then the complex of the Brzozowskis was left without an owner and supervision.
Remains of earthen fortifications, including moats and ramparts together with a durable terrace of the shores of the Lan were a very strong and fortified place. It was a cause to suppose that at that time it might have been a defensive fortress. So the question of the time of constructions in the village Yanovichi is still open. There is an opinion that in the 16th century there might have been a residence of local priests.
In spite of pretty old construction many buildings and parts of the estate have preserved till our days but they are in a neglected condition. You can see here the estate house itself, a stableman’s house, several outhouses in the condition of ruins and small parts of a park. The oldest building of this estate is a chapel. The chapel has a date, 1772, it is considered the official date of construction.
If since the moment of the desertion of the estate the buildings had been applied by the hand of man, today the buildings might have been preserved much better.
Each has an opportunity to visit these places: one can walk through an overgrown park, see a part of architectural buildings and feel the spirit of that time.