THE GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION
Village Leteshin is located on the territory of Kletsk district, Minsk region. Together with seventeen settlements Leteshin is a part of Krasnozvezdovsky rural council, located in 7 km from Kletsk. The Central settlement of the village is agrotown Yanovichi.
The village name Leteshin gained popularity thanks to the estate of Neselovsky, which became the property of the nobleman from Vitebsk Frantsisk Ksaveriy Charnotsky in 1788.
Currently the village is a home to not more than fifty people.
The most famous landmark of the village of Leteshin is the manor of the Charnotsky family. The manor passed from Ksaveriy to his son Karol, and after to his grandson Gustav, after which the last owner of the manor was his son Stefan.
The manor house was not preserved up to the present day. It is known that it was a one-story rectangular building in the center of which was a mezzanine. The central part of the house was highlighted by a portico with four white columns. The layout of the house consisted of the hall, a large lounge and twenty rooms, every of which was made with a white tiled stove, fireplace, furniture of mahogany. The rich decoration of the rooms was complemented with mirrors in gilded frames, chandeliers, expensive candlesticks.
An outbuilding was built perpendicular to the axis of the house on the South side of the lawn in the middle of the XIX century. The outbuilding had an archive and a library. In 1920, all the valuable documents and books were taken to Moscow and then transported to Warsaw.
The main courtyard consisted of the manor courtyard and outbuilding, surrounded by oaks, larch trees, fir trees and lilacs, which have been preserved to our times. All visitors could see the gate at the entrance to the manor courtyard, consisting of four high pillars with iron gates and wicket. On one side of the gate was a chapel, which was built in 1811 in the style of early classicism, on the other hand there were stables in which the horses were kept. The chapel was a wooden square building, the facade of which was decorated with four-column portico, similar to that of the manor house. On the opposite side of the chapel was the entrance to the family burial vault. A bell was hung in the chapel, and the linden tree grew, which was five hundred years old.
A park was behind the house, an alley of lime trees which have survived to this day. This living historical monument of the late thirteenth century attracts with its atmosphere of antiquity and mystery. An oak alley was planted on the East side of the park, one hundred and ninety-four trees which are still the best linear planting of oak in Belarus.
The manor house was destroyed in 1939, the construction of the house was burnt during the Second world war. Only the barn has remained to present day. There are recognizable features of the once established pond in front of it. There are two wooden buildings on the estate, however, we cannot say with certainty about their belonging to the manor court.