The Village Kuntsevshchina
The village Kuntsevshchina is located in the Kletsk district of the Minsk region. The nearest agrotown Moroch is located 6 km from Kuntsevshchina. The village is situated 20 km from the district center.
The village Kuntsevshchina was mentioned in written sources as an estate, inherited by Xavier Voynilovich at the beginning of the XIX century. Almost hundred years later, when the estate Kuntsevshchina belonged to Xavier’s grandson (Xavier, too), significant changes took place. Primarily, it was linked with the construction of a large-scale alcohol distilling factory since at that time it was as profitable as sugar production. Plus the new owner set up the estate, the main house had a large library, which included collections of paintings and ancient musical instruments. Xavier Voynilovich’s wife died at the age of 29, leaving him and their young son Joseph alone.
Because of the First World War, revolutions and change of government, in 1921 the village Kuntsevshchina was literally divided into Soviet and Polish parts. Xavier Voynilovich could not overcome his grief and troubles, and in 1923 he died far from the family estate in Warsaw. His son had to live on a small territory near the estate, not far from the border with the Soviet Union. Therefore, the son of Xavier Voynilovich witnessed as the Soviet authorities destroyed what his father and grandfather had created for many years - their estate house, parks, building of the oil-distilling factory.
In 1940, Joseph Voynilovich fell into disfavor and was exiled to Siberia. He did not come back. Joseph's wife died in 1942. The ancient noble family ended its existence.
Nowadays, a small number of people live in the village Kuntsevshchina. Only about fifty inhabitants live in this historic corner of Belarus.
Despite its small size and small population, Kuntsevshchina and estate of the Voynilovich family attract many tourists. The estate house was not preserved but you can see the distillery with a coat of arms belonged to the Voynilovich family, as well as several outbuildings.
In addition, the Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God is another significant historical monument. The wooden church was built in the XIX century. The church is located near the old cemetery. A small wooden chapel was built near the church, which is decorated with a wrought iron weather vane.