The history of the appearance of the town of Sopockin
The township of Sopotskin is located at the junction of three states - Belarus, Lithuania and Poland. It is no coincidence that locals here speak Belarusian, Polish, and Lithuanian. Until recently, the streets of this village were also named in three languages.
The history of Sopockin's appearance remains practically unknown. There is a version that in 1514 the Lithuanian prince Sigismund gave these lands to his approximate ones, and the plot of Perstunskaya Pushcha was given to Prince Nikolai Sopotko. In honor of him, these lands were named.
Also about the village of Sopotskin is mentioned in the historical writings of 1784. It was a trading place in which the Uniate Church worked. The money for the erection of this church was donated by pan Gostevsky, the owner of the settlements Yatvyaz and Radzivilka. At the end of the XVIII century, these lands belonged to the Uniate arrival of Gozhe. However, in 1789, Volovich found in the Zemsky Grodno court permission to erect a temple for their own money, which was built on these lands.
In 1800, the total area of the village was about 500 hectares, and in the village there were only four streets, on which there were 80 houses. Also there were 7 breweries, 2 windmills; About 50 artisans worked.
Currently, about a dozen club organizations operate in the Sopotskin cultural and tourist center. Creative groups of people who with zeal revive those ancient folk traditions of the past. The status of the cultural historical value of non-material creativity is given to the Sopotskin tradition, which is a painting of Easter eggs.
Pattern beauty in particular fascinates visitors. Travelers gladly take along with them work of artwork.
Also in this village there are unique attractions: the Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, which was built in 1789, and the Jewish cemetery, which is one of the oldest cemeteries in the Republic of Belarus. In addition to these places, tourists coming to the Sopotskin Territory can visit the grave of General Y. Olshin-Vilchinsky, which is located not far from the church in the Catholic cemetery.
I want to note that there are practically no high-rise buildings in this village. The streets are exponentially clean, with numerous plantings of spruce and maple trees, and the architecture of urban buildings does not produce Western origin.
Undoubtedly, the urban settlement of Sopotskin is one of the primary directions of the Belarusian tourism. After all, each place here is significant for its rich millennial history. Everyone who wishes to look into the past, to feel the grandeur of the memorial estate, it is necessary to travel to Sopotskin village. After all, you can admire here not only architectural treasures, but also amazing landscapes of the Belarusian nature. In g.p. Sopotskin you can relax from the busy everyday life of the metropolis, be alone with nature and yourself.