The Lipnishki village of Ijie district, Grodno region
Lipnishki is a village located in the Ivie district of the Grodno region in a picturesque place on the banks of the River Opita. It is the administrative center of the Lipnishki village council. At 14 km. from the village, in the north-west, is the town of Ivye, and through Lipnishki passes the P-135 Radun-Ivye track. The nearest railway station is 4 km away. from the village.
Pages of the history of the village of Lipnishki
So do many other villages in Belarus, Lipnishki was first mentioned in written sources in the 15th century. Already in 1510 a Catholic parish appeared here and it was thanks to him that the village of Lipnishki gained popularity as a tourist destination. The majestic neo-Gothic church of St. Casimir, built of stone, appeared here much later - in 1910.
The village was becoming part of the possessions of the famous szlachta dynasties of Belarus:
in 1528 Lipnishki became the award for Albrecht Gashtold - King Sigismund I gave him a village for the removal of the siege from Polotsk and the conclusion of peace with the Tatars;
in the XVII century, the village was alternately owned by the Pats, then Sapieha and Began,
in 1849 the Lipnishki was captured by the Volsky family, who built a magnificent homestead there (the attraction is partially preserved).
Lipnishki went down in history and as a place near which on May 27, 1779, one of the battles of the rebellious movement Tadeusz Kosciuszko and the Russian troops occurred.
As a result of the second section of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the village became part of the Russian Empire.
In the 60 years of the XIX century there lived 740 people, but as a result of peasant unrest the population decreased by a quarter. Every year fairs were held in the village, there was a water mill and a brewery. The peculiarity of the village Lipnishki in those ancient times was the abundance of not wooden, but stone houses.
Attractions in Lipnishki
The main attraction of Lipnishek is the church of St. Casimir. This is a refined neo-Gothic building, which was built from stone in 1910. Separate construction works were conducted for 17 years, and the completed architectural appearance of the temple was found in 1927.
In addition, if you are lucky enough to pass through Lipnishki, you can see other attractions: a roadside chapel built in 1890 and a partially preserved stone homestead of Volsky. An interesting fact: it was in the place of this chapel that the church was founded in 1510, which laid the foundation for the existence of the Catholic parish in the village of Lipnishki.